cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Enhancement? Data Masking at a Recipe Level and/or Connector Level

mroldanvega
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

It would be great if we could set up the data masking flag at a recipe leval, or at a connector level. In recipes with lots of actions, it is difficult to keep track and manage which actions were masked and which were not.

Anyone has any suggestions for this?

13 REPLIES 13

tridivesh
Workato employee
Workato employee

Manuel Roldan-Vega - Interesting idea. Can you share some examples where there would be a requirement to completely mask the data for a recipe or for a connection?

Deven Maru -FYI

deven-maru
Workato employee
Workato employee

Thanks Tridi.

Manuel Roldan-Vega if masking is at the recipe level it would mean all actions in the recipe will be masked and not show the data. Is that what you're expecting? Or do you want visual indicator on recipe step to know masked steps?

mroldanvega
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

Let's say we develop a recipe that reads and updates data to the HR system. While developing the recipe it is very useful to see the logs for troubleshooting.

Let's say the recipe has over 50 steps.

Once it goes to production, we need to go and edit on each step connected to the HR system and choose to mask the data.

It would be great if we could select to mask the data for all the steps at once, without having to select it on each step.

So, yes Deven Maru , i would expect all actions in the recipe to be masked.

deven-maru
Workato employee
Workato employee

Thanks Manuel Roldan-Vega. That's helpful. Let me review this and see what it means to add the masking at the recipe level from platform and user experience perspective.