cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do you handle multi-recipe connection change?

mroldanvega
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

We have a project that is composed of 7 recipes all together (including callables, scheduled, and MS Teams). When we finish the dev, we want to connect them to our Salesforce QA environments. Today, we have to go to each recipe and change the connection from Salesforce Dev to Salesforce QA.

It would be useful if there was a way for us to change the connection for all the recipes at once, without having to go one by one.

Any ideas or other suggestions?

16 REPLIES 16

justinmnorris
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hey Manuel, I agree this is a pain.

The only solution I'm aware of is if you are using multiple Workato environments for your different lifecycle stages (e.g., Dev, QA, Prod) then Workato can automatically switch the connections for you when you import to the new environment:

https://docs.workato.com/recipe-development-lifecycle/import.html#import-status-tags

"When importing a package, Workato will attempt to automatically fill in connection details with existing connections in the importing account. Workato checks that this connection type exists and that there are no multiple connections of that type (for example, multiple Gmail accounts). If these conditions are met, the connections required in the imported recipes will be configured automatically. If this is not possible, then you may need to manually re-establish connections needed by the recipes after import."

Yes, as Justin said more environments available then pretty easy.

br00578505
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

If we have more than one environment then pretty simple. In case have only one environment manually have to promote the recipes. Do not expect secutiry without having additional work.

mroldanvega
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

Yeah, if there are multiple environments then it is easy to change it with the RLM feature, but if in the same environment, then this is painful.

Do you guys suffer from this often, or is it just us?