cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do you handle multi-recipe connection change?

mroldanvega
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

We have a project that is composed of 7 recipes all together (including callables, scheduled, and MS Teams). When we finish the dev, we want to connect them to our Salesforce QA environments. Today, we have to go to each recipe and change the connection from Salesforce Dev to Salesforce QA.

It would be useful if there was a way for us to change the connection for all the recipes at once, without having to go one by one.

Any ideas or other suggestions?

16 REPLIES 16

It's a logical transition from an easy to start single environment and then move towards a machine of multiple environments, multiple teams etc as you scale.

It does have a learning curve (technical and organizational wise) but once you get used to multiple environments, it is definitely worth it. We are still on that track ๐Ÿ™‚

Do consider that you may need to rework some recipes if they weren't built for this for example: usage of properties, lookup tables, ... instead of "hardcoding".

justinmnorris
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Yep same here. I think environments is the way to go although they are not inexpensive to add on last I checked.

mroldanvega
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

OK, so it looks like this is not a general pain.

Do you all have a single connection for each application on each environment? E.g. Only one connection to Salesforce.

my use case was for one you have multiple connections in the same environment, but it doesn't look like many of you do have them.

Yeah, we've been learning to leverage more properties to support multi-environment setup. It has been interesting, but make the deployment so much easier and less prone to error.

deven-maru
Workato employee
Workato employee

Manuel Roldan-Vega how many Salesforce connections do you have in the scenario you described above? Are these connections using different users/credentials or same?

We have 3. Yes, all have different credentials for different Salesforce Orgs.