Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to get the local recipe function I

MurugarajSa
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

Hi,

How to get all the local recipe function IDs which are called from parent recipe during execution time?

Thanks in advance for your valuable time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Murugaraj,

To preemptively check the status of the dependent recipe within the parent recipe, you can utilize Recipe Ops by Workato. This will allow you to monitor the child recipe's activity status. Based on this information, you can then proceed with the necessary actions as per your needs.

Use Action List all recipes (Select the Inactive recipe status) and pass all the Local function recipe ID's it will give you the result

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Garyl,

In the parent recipe, I am fetching data thru API and passing it to multiple functions.

I want to check if all the local functions in the parent recipe are active/inactive before calling the recipe function.

If it is inactive I want to send an email to the respective users to check and start the recipe.

This is to avoid the "Con-call" error and losing the data at the recipe function level.

Thanks!

gary1
Executive Chef II
Executive Chef II

I don't know what the "Con-call" error is.

There's no out of the box way to do this, but it is possible. Here's my suggestion:

First, update all of your function recipes with a new boolean input parameter called something like "test". Add actions into each recipe so when it is called and test is true, the recipe stops immediately. This will allow you to call the recipe to check if it is on without having to run the entire recipe.

Second, make a new pre-flight verifier recipe where you call each function with "test" set to true. Each function should be within an error handler, and on error you should add the recipe name to a list and proceed with calling the next recipe to test. If any recipe is off, its name will get added to the list. Repeat this step for as many functions as you want to test. 

At the end of the recipe, if the list exists (meaning some recipes are inactive) you can do whatever you need to do with the list of inactive recipes. Throw an error, email the list, whatever you want. If the list if empty, this means all of your recipes are on and you're ok to proceed with your workflow.

Lastly, make sure to call the pre-flight verifier recipe from an appropriate location in your workflow.

Hi Murugaraj,

To preemptively check the status of the dependent recipe within the parent recipe, you can utilize Recipe Ops by Workato. This will allow you to monitor the child recipe's activity status. Based on this information, you can then proceed with the necessary actions as per your needs.

Use Action List all recipes (Select the Inactive recipe status) and pass all the Local function recipe ID's it will give you the result

This is a much better suggestion than mine! : )