cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hubspot connector and authentication

mppowe
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

To connect to Hubspot, I need to "log in" to Hubspot with a valid email/pwd. Problem is, this "integration user" shouldn't be my individual account, it should be a generic integration user. Our IT policy does not allow a generic email not tied to a specific individual. How do others do their integration with Hubspot, is it just tied to an individual? Did you just write your own custom actions/connection using Hubspot's API Key?

Would love to hear others' ideas, thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

gordonhuworkato
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Mike,

Sharing 2 cents here. I would suggest discuss with the IT about pros and cons using individual vs service account. For example, staff rotation, API token periodic refresh, etc. From workatoโ€™s point of view, which account doesnโ€™t seem to matter that much. Sometimes a security control can have exception, as long as it is approved, documented (for example, who has access to the service account, periodic audit).

I had a quick look of Hubspot and they also do OAuth. The app is created by a developer and collaboration is allowed. This abstract the credential to app level, instead of your account level. Maybe thatโ€™s a work around.

Whenever I set up a new connection - I always think about what happens if I no longer work with the company, how to I change the key, does the password change affect the connection etc.

๐Ÿ˜Ž

mppowe
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

My apologies, I was under the impression that what was needed was outside the scope of our security policy, but it turns out setting up an email address with no password and delegating access to individuals is permissible. So this is what we'll do and use for the Hubspot connector.