cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

is there a good best practice document for Projects and Folders Managment

johnw
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

in my production environment under projects, I have my Home Assets Project (which has my connections)

followed by a list of projects such as "Epicor to SFDC SKU Update", "Epicor to SFDC Account update" etc. etc.

each of which have 2-5 recipes and functions included.

I currently have 7 Projects that I have written but now as I am expanding my knowledge I have combined some of the work in smaller ones into other recipes so 2 of these have been deactivated.

I was thinking to create a NEW Project called "Epicor & SFDC Projects" 

and inside that have an "Active" and "InActive" folder and move the above mentioned projects into folders of the same name

I feel like this will be cleaner if we get a connection say to Excel or Arriba where we could group the different projects based on what's being connected. is there a better practice?

and more importantly is there any issue dragging an active running recipe from a project level to another projects sub folder?

curious what others are doing I'm sure someone has something more complicated than this

thanks

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

deepaks
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

I think there is some coverage on Workspaces and Organization section - but a lot of it is open on how we want to organize. We typically go with major feature grouping as a project and then different recipes

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

deepaks
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

I think there is some coverage on Workspaces and Organization section - but a lot of it is open on how we want to organize. We typically go with major feature grouping as a project and then different recipes