cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping a large number of fields

bboren
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

Is there anyone out there with best practices around mapping a large number of fields in a recipe step?  I am talking about mapping hundreds of fields in identical datasets for a sequence of calls.  For most steps all the fields would map over as-is with a couple of exceptions (change one and keep the rest).
I know about Group Mapping but here is what I am experiencing:

- Group mapping is extremely slow in the browser and can take a long time to complete. Numerous warnings from the browser that the process is taking too long come up.

- Group mapping is not mapping boolean fields which show up with a drop down to select yes/no.  Those come through blank and must be manually mapped.  I would expect they those to map as a value with the mapped value.

- Recipes with a large number of fields mapped slow down the designer.  If you have multiple steps with a large number of fields it compounds the problem.  Everything becomes slower. Edits, saves, open, close, etc.

Again, for the most part I want to map between identical objects and then make a couple of changes.  Then call an API which returns the object.  Then map again and call anther API.

Any suggestions from anyone?  Is there an alternative to group mapping that works faster and doesn't create the editor sluggishness?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

marlon-muela
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi @bboren ,
I believe that this will require enhancement with Group data mapping. Currently, we only have group data mapping as a feature to enable automatic field mapping, especially for database applications or apps that have a large number of fields.
You may submit feedback on our Workato Feedback page.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

marlon-muela
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi @bboren ,
I believe that this will require enhancement with Group data mapping. Currently, we only have group data mapping as a feature to enable automatic field mapping, especially for database applications or apps that have a large number of fields.
You may submit feedback on our Workato Feedback page.