cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New files in on-prem folder not triggering recipe

bboren
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

I am trying to set up a recipe to pick up files dropped in a Windows folder.  I have an on-prem agent installed and everything seems to be set up right but the trigger for a file never fires. OPA is installed  on a Windows Server 2019 machine.

I can use the OPA to list files in the folder so I know the OPA can see the folder.

Are there some things I should be looking for?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bboren
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

I figured it out.  It turned out it WAS as rights issue as it tried to rename the file.  The OPA service, by default, installs with a Local Service Account (which did not have rights).  I switched the service to use a local System Account and it started working.

The agent log file showed the following error (trimmed):
"c.w.agent.http.FileController - File operation failed
com.workato.agent.file.FilesystemException: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\AutomationStudio\Orders\Drop\New Text Document (2).txt -> C:\AutomationStudio\Orders\Drop\New Text Document (2).txt.1691700168774.processing"

Screenshots of the service change too:

Default Local Service Account.JPGLocal System Account - Works.JPG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

prashantrai
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

Check the Trigger Configuration again.

See if all the parameters are correct.

Check if you haven't specified any condition and also check the frequency of the trigger. A screenshot would help.

I have created the trigger several times to ensure I was doing it right.  The trigger configuration is below.  I have it set to every 5 minutes and have tried both a date in the "files from" as well as leaving it blank.  I am finding it strange because the configuration seems very straightforward.
No errors are getting triggered in Windows such as folder access or anything.  I thought it might since it wants to rename the file.

OPA Config for Files.png

bboren
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

I figured it out.  It turned out it WAS as rights issue as it tried to rename the file.  The OPA service, by default, installs with a Local Service Account (which did not have rights).  I switched the service to use a local System Account and it started working.

The agent log file showed the following error (trimmed):
"c.w.agent.http.FileController - File operation failed
com.workato.agent.file.FilesystemException: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\AutomationStudio\Orders\Drop\New Text Document (2).txt -> C:\AutomationStudio\Orders\Drop\New Text Document (2).txt.1691700168774.processing"

Screenshots of the service change too:

Default Local Service Account.JPGLocal System Account - Works.JPG