cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

READ ME section

gordonhuworkato
Workato employee
Workato employee

Just an idea...is Workato considering adding a section like READ ME in each recipe so that we can document what the use case is, and more granular detail.

Notes on each steps is great. But sometimes I forgot what a recipe was for unless I went back to confluence to check it.

If I have a magic wand: link workato recipe with some documentation platform like confluence, draw.io. This will help future workato chef when reading a recipe

9 REPLIES 9

john-zink-1
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I
There is already a description in the setting for each recipe.  If that was updated to support markdown and moved to the recipe page (as opposed to buried in settings) Iโ€™d think thatโ€™d settle this use case without duplication from the current description section. 

mroldanvega
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

Is it searchable? Otherwise is not that helpful.

ajorde
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

As long as we're talking magic wands, I'd love a recipe metadata section - let me add tags or fields to recipes and then allow those recipes to be read by recipeops actions (e.g., searching active recipes by mentioned tag to perform some action like starting/stopping recipes). Currently I manage this only through recipe naming convention.

amlan
Workato employee
Workato employee

Nishtha Mehrotra tagging you for you suggestions. Adding tags to recipes and making recipes searchable by tags and by words in descriptions.

nishtha
Workato employee
Workato employee

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! We'll keep these in mind as we are iterating on designs.