Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Salesforce Bulk Update

mroldanvega
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

Hey,

Has anyone successfully used the Salesforce Connector Bulk actions to udpate a large (60k+) number of records?

We set up a recipe and then waited for 12 hours and nothing happened. I am opening a Support ticket, but I was curious if anyone had any experience with the Bulk Actions.

4 REPLIES 4

mike-flynn1
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

Do you see the bulk job when you log into Salesforce? I have had jobs that seem to "stall" in Salesforce when doing large updates.

During data migrations or mergers we using bulk actions to update millions of rows, but typically those updates are broken down into jobs smaller than 60k. The type of update you are doing (object, number of fields being updated, salesforce actions that are triggered based on the updates) and your api/bulk limits in Salesforce help us define the size of each bulk request. I would say our sweet spot for size of bulk operations is typically 10k-20k, and when doing millions of rows of updates all of our requests are asynchronous and we don't wait for responses (we use other methods for determining which records were not updated successfully). For smaller bulk jobs we do the synchronous calls in Workato to process the failed rows.

rak-9177
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hi Manuel! Did you run on test or start mode?

rak-9177
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

We can across this kind of situation when recipe is in test mode and SFDC Bulk actions worked properly on start mode. Behind the scenes, workato sfdc connector will look for sfdc job result every 5mins and will respond accordingly.

mroldanvega
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

We were running on Test mode, since we needed to run only once.
I got an update from Support that it needs to ve active in order to run.

Thanks a lot!