cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Microsoft Graph API

sbraly
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

I have setup a MS Graph API connection.  It works with simple requests like GET https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me. But I get errors with requests that require API permissions.  Is there a way to request a token using the MS Graph API.  I am able to use postman and the Graph explorer to run these more complex requests.  The only thing that seems to be missing is a token request.
Screenshot 2024-08-07 163900.png

all of these permissions are set.
Screenshot 2024-08-07 160422.png

Any suggestions would help.  Thx. Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

panku
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

Hi @sbraly 

The OAuth scopes are hard-coded in the MS Graph connector. You can update the connector through connector SDK and include the missing permissions in the scopes list. Please refer the below screenshot to look up scopes in the connector and include the required ones.

ms-graph.png

Thanks

Pankaj

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

panku
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

Hi @sbraly 

The OAuth scopes are hard-coded in the MS Graph connector. You can update the connector through connector SDK and include the missing permissions in the scopes list. Please refer the below screenshot to look up scopes in the connector and include the required ones.

ms-graph.png

Thanks

Pankaj

I wonder why no-one has then added the scopes as an input field. Wouldnt that be better than each user of the connector having to modify the connector with SDK?

telana
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

I registered to say thank you, both the question and the answer were exactly what I was looking for.

panku
Deputy Chef II
Deputy Chef II

Glad to know that it worked for you 🙂