cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SQL Server Connection - Host name

rcloud
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Does anyone have experience 'generating' the URL host name for an on-prem SQL Server instance?

I've downloaded/installed the service as well as the config/keys, but I don't understand how to get the Host name. In Workatos examples, it looks like they are using an AWS instance. Mine is on-prem in my company.

Thanks Pros...

8 REPLIES 8

rcloud
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Ah the old whitelist... I'll talk with networking about that... Thanks.

Btw, would it be possible for you show me a generic version of what the host name you're using in your connections, looks like? (no company names... no database names...)

rcloud
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Also, did you have them download and install the on-prem agent service?

atsuya-yamakawa
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi Rick Cloud , if you are willing to connect your SQL Server via on-prem agent (OPA), you would have to create a database profile inside the config.yml file. The OPA needs to be reachable to the SQL Server, that is to say they have to exist in the same network. Here's an example on how you can create a database profile.

https://docs.workato.com/on-prem/agents/profile.html#database-profile

database:
sales:
adapter: sqlserver
host: 192.168.0.100
port: 1433
database: sales
username: me
password: foobar

Atsuya, thanks for replying. I've read the doc at the link you provided, several times. Workato is still not able to connect. However, after some research using the local agent console, I believe this connection cannot work with SQLExpress.