cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Building a Body with multiple records (Batch)

emorera
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hi there, I am new in this community so to Workato. I am looking for building a Body requests using multiple records (batch), I have a Workato list created but I don't know how to build this body call. Here is a sample

11 REPLIES 11

david-macintosh
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hi Eric, I think you will need to provide more context. Can you show the section of the recipe that contains the connector action?

jblanchett
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

If youโ€™re looking to send this list in a request to another app, start by adding an action step to do that. If youโ€™re using one of workatos connector or SDKs you can map fields from your list into that step. If youโ€™re hitting an app with no connector available, youโ€™ll need to build the request schema in a HTTP action step first but then do the same thing

emorera
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Thank you for your response, will this work? I am not sure this will work...Joseph Blanchett , David MacIntosh

jblanchett
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

Ah, I see. I typically will use a common data model to define the HTTP Request JSON Schema. You can use the MAPPER action in workato to map your list data to the common data model. Unless the list is EXACTLY the format your HTTP Request is in, you can map the list directly into the HTTP Action directly. Here is an example.