cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hi Everyone,

soniya-singhal
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

We have a use case for CI/CD intregaration on workato. So any one can help on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

deven-maru
Workato employee
Workato employee

Soniya Singhal what source control management and continuous integration (CI) stack do you have? What you can do is to leverage the Workato platform APIs (https://docs.workato.com/workato-api) specifically the folders and recipe lifecycle management APIs to automate the CI/CD pipeline.

You can kickoff the CI process from Workato using a scheduler or start the process manually in your CI script. As part of the CI script you can use the recipe lifecycle management APIs to export and then download the package. If your source control management supports APIs for committing then you can use the CI script to commit the downloaded Workato package, unpack it and commit both the .zip file and the unpacked recipe .json files to the source control. Next, is change review and approval of the change. This can happen in source control like GitHub where you can create the pull request (PR) for review. Upon PR approval, you can kick off the deployment of the Workato package to the next environment using the import API.

Gary Wilkinson the new deployment flow will not require creating a manifest. But we will continue to support the manifest and export/import lifecycle steps for foreseeable future.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

gwilkinson
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

One thing to be mindful of is the enhancement to add formal "environments" capability to Workato and the impact to any CI/CD solution. I believe manifests are going away as part of this enhancement (not entirely sure).

deven-maru
Workato employee
Workato employee

Soniya Singhal what source control management and continuous integration (CI) stack do you have? What you can do is to leverage the Workato platform APIs (https://docs.workato.com/workato-api) specifically the folders and recipe lifecycle management APIs to automate the CI/CD pipeline.

You can kickoff the CI process from Workato using a scheduler or start the process manually in your CI script. As part of the CI script you can use the recipe lifecycle management APIs to export and then download the package. If your source control management supports APIs for committing then you can use the CI script to commit the downloaded Workato package, unpack it and commit both the .zip file and the unpacked recipe .json files to the source control. Next, is change review and approval of the change. This can happen in source control like GitHub where you can create the pull request (PR) for review. Upon PR approval, you can kick off the deployment of the Workato package to the next environment using the import API.

Gary Wilkinson the new deployment flow will not require creating a manifest. But we will continue to support the manifest and export/import lifecycle steps for foreseeable future.

Deven Maru thank you for info.

We are using Bitbucket as source control

gwilkinson
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Deven Maru thanks, good to know.

mroldanvega
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

Curious to know if anyone ever implemented it successfully since this thread is from 2021.