cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Maximum number steps in recipe

kolson
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Does anyone know the maximum number of steps allowed in a recipe? If we break recipes into modular pieces (calling resuable recipes) the price increases since we are charged per recipe.

So if you want to put a large number of steps in the same recipe - is there a limit as to how many there can be?

9 REPLIES 9

christieparker
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

*but I start getting UI errors

anthony-oconnor
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I
I have recipes with over 100 steps, that doesn't seem to be an issue with the platform - though they are annoying for me to navigate.

...But more importantly, callable recipes don't count towards your charges, only triggered/scheduled ones count for billing purposes.

--

jeremyo
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Alber mentioned Recipe Functions. These recipes do not count against you. Pub/Subs count but Functions don't (at least to the best of my knowledge).

Recipe Functions are great--just like functions in other programming languages. They all you to move all the logic to one spot, get that nailed down, then move along to the next big chunk (the next Recipe Function).

kolson
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Thanks all - it is a surprise to hear there is not a charge for the Recipe Functions since I chatted with a Workato help representative and I posed this same question and they did not mention anything about the fact we are not charged for these called recipes.

They seemed to think they were charged separately - so it is nice to hear that info from the help desk is incorrect.

rayudu_addagarl
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

I guess licenses are Tasks or Recipes based not steps based.