Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SAP OData trigger not picking up new events

bart-ejdys
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with using the SAP OData connector as a trigger. I'm trying to build a simple recipe triggered by record creation/modification in SAP S4H. Connection seems to be working fine. I make changes in SAP (modifying a Business Partner record) via GUI. Once I start the recipe for first time, the trigger fires with the latest change event (even if there were more within 1 hour) that occurred before starting the recipe. Then, when I try to trigger the recipe by making more changes to the record, no more jobs appear.

Has anyone had this problem? I kinda ran out of ideas where to look for the root cause.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

marlon-muela
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi @bart-ejdys ,

Can you confirm if you are using New/updated object trigger in SAP OData? If yes, it should pick up new or updated records.
Next is check if you have properly configured the Trigger setup on when it will start picking up events as well as the Timestamp cursor. See image below:

marlonmuela_1-1696421531928.png

You can also clone the recipe to adjust the pickup events from on a later date. Then, start the recipe and see if it starts picking up the events.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

meghan-legaspi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @bart-ejdys,

Can you please share a screenshot of your recipe as it is now?

marlon-muela
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi @bart-ejdys ,

Can you confirm if you are using New/updated object trigger in SAP OData? If yes, it should pick up new or updated records.
Next is check if you have properly configured the Trigger setup on when it will start picking up events as well as the Timestamp cursor. See image below:

marlonmuela_1-1696421531928.png

You can also clone the recipe to adjust the pickup events from on a later date. Then, start the recipe and see if it starts picking up the events.