cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Working on my first recipe and was wondering if a Default Company is required

johnw
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

Whenever a SKU is created or updated in one of our companies, I have a recipe that will update the fields in SFDC.

but its only working for one of the companies in Epcior, and we have 3. I see where in the connector the Default Company is required (and greyed out now) to the one company that is working. is there a way to have the same recipe look in all companies?

thanks

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

marlon-muela
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi,

This is Marlon from Support Team.
You can only use one account/credential per recipe for a connector. Please clarify where you get the Company Name as a required field in an Object. Also, what action are you using?

Since you are new to Workato, I recommend you go through our Automation courses:  https://academy.workato.com/.

View solution in original post

Epicor created the connector and not a platform connector from Workato. I suggest you reach out to Epicor since the configuration for the Company is under the connector level.
Another workaround is to use HTTP/SDK connector for the other company.

johnw
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

so what I had to do was convert my 1 Recipe to a function and then create 3 separate Recipes (1 for each company) that does nothing but call that function.

8 REPLIES 8

Epicor created the connector and not a platform connector from Workato. I suggest you reach out to Epicor since the configuration for the Company is under the connector level.
Another workaround is to use HTTP/SDK connector for the other company.

have a call with Epicor today to see what they say.

worse case I'm thinking maybe an old school approach and have a nightly BAQ run a report to a server and have a recipe connect to the Excel file but really like the instant dynamic approach obviously ๐Ÿ™‚ 

johnw
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

Update: Epicor claims that we only need 1 connector and 1 Recipe to accomplish this but since we are in the end stages of our migration to Epicor Cloud we aren't scheduling a call to dive deeper into HOW this works for a few weeks... but will report back when I do.

johnw
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

so what I had to do was convert my 1 Recipe to a function and then create 3 separate Recipes (1 for each company) that does nothing but call that function.