cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SFDC Custom Object not visible in Existing Recipe

johnw
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

is there a quick way to refresh a step in a  recipe when changes occurred in SFDC?

If I have an existing recipe connecting Epicor and SFDC

if I go into SFDC and add a new Custom Field to an object OR in my current case created a new Custom Object, I won't see the new object when I add a new step or sometimes, I have to rebuild the step to see the new field  that was added in SFDC.

is there a trick for it to refresh the connection to SFDC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mppowe
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

Does Is the user you're using in the Salesforce connection from Workato have access to the custom object/fields?  That would be worth double-checking too.  I know for some standard objects the API version can matter too but I don't think that's the case with custom objects.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mppowe
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

Have you clicked the "Refresh" button in the top right?  That should refresh the schema from your connections.

shivakumara
Deputy Chef III
Deputy Chef III

Hello @johnw ,

Here are detailed steps I followed. Please attempt these steps again and let me know if they assist:

1. Begin by creating a new Custom object in Salesforce. Proceed to the "home" tab, and in the search bar, look for "Tab". Click on 'New' (next to Custom Object Tabs) and add the newly created object. This will become visible in your Workato workspace.

2. If the object doesn't appear, kindly refresh the page (located in the top right corner of the Workato screen).

3. After the refresh, search for the added custom object. Subsequently, search for the respective custom object fields.

Please retry these steps and inform me if they resolve the issue. Your feedback is appreciated.

After adding custom field.pngAfter refresh we can see object and object fieldsAfter refresh we can see object and object fields

johnw
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

I was missing the tab but good dto know that is required, I had done teh refresh at the top as well as at the bottom of the connection itself.

still not showing up when I cerate a new step and look for the new Custom object

mppowe
Executive Chef I
Executive Chef I

Does Is the user you're using in the Salesforce connection from Workato have access to the custom object/fields?  That would be worth double-checking too.  I know for some standard objects the API version can matter too but I don't think that's the case with custom objects.