cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

OPA: Excel connectivity

jelle-vanloock
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

I noticed that Workato offers a build-in functionality to connect to Excel. However, this features includes a connection to oneDrive, Sharepoint or Google Drive. This is not what I want to achieve...

I want to read an Excel file from an on-premises system. Does anyone has an idea to solve my problem? Or will a new feature request be the answer?

19 REPLIES 19

Thierry, thanks for your reply. However, it is not exactly what I'm looking for. Let me explain the case more clearly: we are currently using OPA's for quite a while now, and the 'On-Prem File' connector is only supporting CSV it seems. I want to extend this functionality to read other types of files (besides flat files), in my case: Excel.

tco
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

ok. Let me check on my side. I keep you posted if I found a solution, Thierry

sunaif-aziz
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hi Jelle,

Did you try the trigger "New file in folder", it does not say only CSV files so presume it should take all types of files but I did not use it myself so cannot confirm. Just a hint.

I tried this approach as well and thought it was going to work, but the question remains: if I found a file in a folder (on-premise) and it is an Excel file, how do I parse the downloaded bytes?

tco
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Hello Again Jelle, did you try to save your excel as a csv ? If I try to access my on prem spreadsheet with extension xlsx, it does not work however if I save my excel as a csv, It works fine. Thierry