cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A lot of woakto API Endpoints in Workato Developer API is not working

mahendra_k_s
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

I am trying to create an export package for my folder through workato Developer API Endpoint. But getting below error. Appreciate any kind of help in resolving this error. 

500 Internal Server Error { "message": "Server error", "id": "ef0fe5eb-c909-46fd-8cd3-36878ec0d79e" }

Below is my Request detail in Json format

{
Request name: Create an export manifest,
Request:
{
Method: POST,
Request content type: application/json,
Request URL: export_manifests,
Request URL parameters:
[

{
param: folder_id,
value: 21151691
}
],
Request body: {
"export_manifest": {
"name": "POC_Project Manifest",
"assets": [
{
"id":15641803 ,
"name": Workbot_Slack_OfficialMahendra,
"type": connection,
}
]
}
}
}

1 REPLY 1

ndy
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

The 500 Internal Server Error typically indicates an issue on the server-side, but there could still be problems in your request. Let's walk through some common troubleshooting steps:

1. Check the assets part of the request body:

• It seems you are missing quotation marks for some string values, like "name" and "type".
  • The id, name, and type fields should be in quotation marks. In JSON, strings must always be enclosed in quotes.
  • The asset type, which is connection, might also need to be in quotes.

{
  "export_manifest": {
    "name": "POC_Project Manifest",
    "assets": [
      {
        "id": 15641803,
        "name": "Workbot_Slack_OfficialMahendra",
        "type": "connection"
      }
    ]
  }
}
​

2. Endpoint URL:

Make sure the endpoint you're calling, export_manifests, is correct. In most cases, the URL should be a fully qualified URL.

3. Authentication:

Check that your request contains the required authorization headers (e.g., API key or bearer token). If you are missing authentication details, the server might return a 500 error in some cases.

4. Folder and Asset IDs:

• Ensure that the folder_id and asset_id are correct and correspond to the actual folder and asset you want to export.
  • Double-check the asset type. It should be "connection" for a Workato connection.

5. Error Tracking:

Since the error message provides an id ("ef0fe5eb-c909-46fd-8cd3-36878ec0d79e"), try reaching out to Workato support with this ID, as they might have specific logs and details that can explain the server error.

6. Retry the Request:

• Sometimes, temporary network glitches or server issues can cause errors. Try resending the request a few times to see if the problem resolves itself.
Nguyen Duc Y