cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

OPA: Excel connectivity

jelle-vanloock
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

I noticed that Workato offers a build-in functionality to connect to Excel. However, this features includes a connection to oneDrive, Sharepoint or Google Drive. This is not what I want to achieve...

I want to read an Excel file from an on-premises system. Does anyone has an idea to solve my problem? Or will a new feature request be the answer?

19 REPLIES 19

jelle-vanloock
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

The business refuses this approach... They want to work with Excel. I tried to confince them, but did not yet succeed...

jelle-vanloock
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Currently, I'm trying to user the On-prem file - new file trigger, and then I'm trying to parse it with Ruby or Python action. However, not yet successful...

tco
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I
OK. I have tried to rename the file using the action "Rename" from XLSX to CSV but that does not work too. I continue searching and let you know if I found something.

Thierry

Thierry Cools
Managing Partner

Mail/Skype: tco@pse.be
Tel:      +32 2 790 25 00
Fax:     +32 2 790 25 00
Mobile:  +32 495 29 05 25

Avenue Franklin Roosevelt, 104 Bte 11, 1332 Rixensart - Belgium

This e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission.

tco
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I
Are you using Office 365 and/or sharepoint ?

Thierry Cools
Managing Partner

Mail/Skype: tco@pse.be
Tel:      +32 2 790 25 00
Fax:     +32 2 790 25 00
Mobile:  +32 495 29 05 25

Avenue Franklin Roosevelt, 104 Bte 11, 1332 Rixensart - Belgium

This e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission.

Thierry,

Most of our accounts are connected to Office 365.

FYI: I found a usefull product hour post: https://www.workato.com/product-hub/javascript-connector-the-freedom-to-transform-your-way/

Recipe URL: https://app.workato.com/recipes/1381928-simple-xlsx-to-csv#recipe